How to enter the library?
You need to use your library card. If you don’t have a card, please fill out the “One day use” application.
To receive a library card, you must present an identification card that shows your address, and complete our application form.
The card must be renewed at the beginning of each school year.
How to find books?
- Books are arranged according to the Nippon Decimal Classification (NDC) , first according to subject and then by call number order.
- The library's holdings can be searched in the online catalog.
1.Find the location of the book from online catalog.
2.Take note of the book’s status (on shelf, in circulation, due date to be returned).
3.Write down or remember the book’s call mark and location.
- Library materials located on open shelves may be used in the reading rooms without the assistance of a staff.
- In order to read library materials from the stacks, the user must submit a precisely completed call slip.
Borrowing & returning
- Those who have been issued with a library card can borrow books under the following conditions.
・Number of items to be borrowed : Up to 10 volumes
・Borrowing period : 14 days
・Renewals : Up to 3 times
・Non-Lending materials : Reference books, the current issue of periodicals, newspapers, school textbooks, audio-visual materials.
- Please return your materials before or on the due date. Penalties such as the suspension of borrowing apply when loaned materials are overdue.
- Books should be borrowed and returned at the self service machine.
Self Service Photocopiers
- There is a prepaid card-type machine in library. Copy cards can be purchased at the university cooperative store.
- Materials can be copied in part (within the range of copyright laws) solely for personal use, such as for study and research. Please observe all copyright laws when making copies of any items in the library.
- You may not disturb other users with your behaviour.
- It is forbidden to bring food into the Library. The only drink permitted in the Library is water in a container with a non-spill cap.
- Mobile phones must be switched to 'silent' mode. Conversations on mobile phones must be held outside of the Library.
- The borrower will be held responsible for all material taken out in his or her name, and may not lend such material to other people.
- Any user losing or irreparably damaging a book is liable for replacing the books.